Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Utah/No Doubt

For memorial weekend we went to Utah to see family, friends and No Doubt!!! No Doubt is my favorite band and they went on tour this summer and I had to see them! So I talked Josh into driving to Utah so I could see them. The drive there was not bad. We stayed with Brandon and Sabina(Josh's Cousin). We got there Friday night and meet them at Sabina's birthday party. We stayed up partying the night away. Happy 21 Sabina! Saturday Jamie and Kenny meet up with us at a deli where we were eating and I got to see my niece Nora for the first time. She is cute and tiny. Later we went to see my cousin Dove Who lives with my sister. That night Jamie and Tricia came over to have some stir fry that Sabina made. It was so good. Sunday we just hung out. On Monday Jessica and Madi came over and we went to the park at B&S's apartment. Madi and Lexi loved to swing and slide. They are to cute. Later we went to Ikea just to waist some time before Tricia and I headed to SLC to see No Doubt. We had floor tickets so we had to get there early to be a good spot. We got there a hour and a half before the doors opened. We ended up standing center stage with one person in front of us. We did not move from our spot until the concert was over about 5 hours. We almost got to touch Gwen. ALMOST! It was awesome. I cant wait to see them again.
Swinging

Lexi and Madi.

Race down the slide
GO
What a good Uncle Brandon is.

Yay Hailey
Sabina and Jessica. Love you girls!
Lexi and Sabina
Brandon and Sabina. Thanks again guys we miss you already.
Me and Sabina
Hailey loves to swing
Aw cute
We are family. This is the first time we filled up our suburban.
Tricia and I waiting to get inside the concert
Thanks Sis for going with me I had a blast!
Waiting for the concert to start
Opening band The Sounds. They were pretty good.
Paramore was good too.
NO DOUBT!!!!!! Thats Gwen
This was my view




Tom on Guitar
Dancing with back up singers Gabrial and Stephen

We sung to her son Kingston. It was so cute.

Check out the body guards.
That's Adrian the drummer right there!!!! I could have touched him but I was to busy taking pictures.
Tony on bass
My view
My view again. Gwen is right there!!!!
I was getting pushed
I love you Gwen!!!
Almost touched her..... Almost again I was to busy taking pictures.
No don't go!
THE BAND NO DOUBT

No doubt it was the best concert I have been too. This was my third time seeing them in concert. Love them and there music and cant wait for their new album to come out.

So After I got home from the concert Lexi was up and all night she would not go back to sleep. I had no idea what was wrong with her. So Josh and I were so tired and frustrated the we didn't get any sleep and ended up pack up and heading home. We ended up stopping to see my friend Vanessa who had just had her baby girl. We visited with her for a while and finally went home. It was a long drive. Lexi was not happy and we found out why she was so crabby and grumpy. She was cutting a tooth. It was not a fun trip home or the next couple of days for that matter. Teething is no fun!!! Poor Lexi. I'm happy to say that tooth is in and I can't wait for the rest of them.

3 comments:

amber schmidt said...

How fun! You were super close! I had some other friends go to the concert and they said it was the best concert they have ever been to too!

Jami Ray said...

I was in Idaho at a wedding in Twin Falls over memorial weekend. One of these days we'll have to get together. Does Trish live up here? I didn't know. And Vanessa, is that the Vanessa from Prescott? Looks like you had a good time at the concert. Love Ya!

Jani said...

Hey De I miss you guys all ready!! Is Lexi and Hailey doing better??